NOTE: this is an older backup copy of this website. Please see http://tormentosa.co.za/Wiki/Topic.php/Tormentosa/HomePage for the current materials
Half-elves are the offspring of a coupling of an Elf and a Human. The Elven partner is usually of the Avarhim: those elves who have ejected themselves from High Elven society, usually due to an inability to accept the unquiet of the mind-speech of Eisen'nor.
The following text was derived from the System Reference Document
- +1 Intelligence
- -1 Charisma when dealing with elves, +1 Charisma when dealing with human races
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
Special Characters: àáâãäèéêëìíîïóòôõöùúûüæý ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝ