NOTE: this is an older backup copy of this website. Please see http://tormentosa.co.za/Wiki/Topic.php/Tormentosa/HomePage for the current materials
The Halflings (who call themselves Olbítlar in official circles, but are referred to as Mila or Nsini by other races) are men-folk of very small stature that prefer to live in carefully constructed underground dwellings that are in places (such as the Burroughs of Austershire), of mansion-like opulence. They are well-known for their detailed maps of the Westfold regions they inhabit, and their far-reaching family histories. They too have become renowned for their able maintenance of highly accurate mercantile records, and indeed, many Olbítlar have worked their way into top positions in the treasuries of the Great Chief in recent times.
Many sages of their kind believe the halfling race derived from an ancient forest-dwelling people called the Pyglings (the Utunyo-kamafumo) who worshipped mysterious forest-spirits the named Alvar, but Endhro scholars have other ideas. A certain lore-master at Adamastorshire noted that given their subterranean dwelling habits, many contemporary Nsini tribes have very strange mythologies pertaining to pictures in the sky.
The following text was extracted from the System Reference Document
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
- Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
For Lore-masters only spoiler
- Back-story - Races?
- Back-story of the Dwarves?
- Back-story of the Elves
- Back-story of the Gnomes?
- Back-story of the Half-elves?
- Back-story of the Halflings?
- Back-story of the Endhro?
Special Characters: àáâãäèéêëìíîïóòôõöùúûüæý ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝ