NOTE: this is an older backup copy of this website. Please see http://tormentosa.co.za/Wiki/Topic.php/Tormentosa/HomePage for the current materials
The Tormentosa Campaign is (or at least will be eventually)...
- A vast mysterious world for adventurous characters to explore.
- Wide lands populated with varied cultures, hidden histories and a multitude of expanding mythologies: tomes, songs and tales of ancient peoples, dangerous magic and lost wisdom.
- A collection of ready-made materials for Game Masters to immerse their players within.
- A spring-board of inspiration and detailed localities for custom adventures.
- Designed to be played through from low levels to high, keeping the learning curve for players and GM alike to reasonable levels.
- Compatible with any game system. The world of Tormentosa is largely agnostic to a particular set of game rules, but non-player character statistics and character-generation are largely built around the 3.5 SRD under the Open Gaming License.
- Varied geography, derived from the real-world, that drives story lines and enables interesting augmented-reality gaming opportunities.
- Easy for DMs to learn and master over time. There is no need for substantial background knowledge in early games.
- Fun pre-made playable characters of all sorts.
- Possibilities for managing add-hoc new player character creation for open table games.
Special Characters: àáâãäèéêëìíîïóòôõöùúûüæý ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝ